Mid Weight Video Editor
Who we are:
Our mission is to become the global standard for addressing. Street addresses weren’t designed for 2022. They aren’t accurate enough to specify building entrances, and they don’t exist for parks, rural areas and many parts of the world. This makes it hard to find places and causes problems and inefficiencies on a global scale.
That’s why we created what3words.
We divided the world into 3m squares and gave each square a unique combination of three words. It’s the easiest way to find and share precise locations.
Over the last year, what3words has been used in 193 countries, and our monthly active users continue to grow at an impressive pace. Our tech is used by emergency services, delivery companies, eCommerce businesses, ride-hailing apps and NGOs, and is integrated into the navigation systems of millions of cars around the world.
Who we are looking for:
We are seeking a mid-weight Video Editor with great Premiere Pro knowledge and After Effects competency to work with our experienced, full service video department.
what3words has a different creative model. You’ll work collaboratively in a motivated award winning marketing and design studio, reporting directly to the Video Team Lead. You’ll need to be proactive, entrepreneurial and enjoy the rapid pace of a tech company that’s trying to create a global standard.
We create a large variety of projects, from use case films to advertising campaigns, for many countries, and we’d like to get better at it
Equality, diversity and inclusion at what3words
Our mission is to help everyone talk about everywhere, and we believe diverse perspectives make for a better company and better products too. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups and are committed to equality and inclusivity in our hiring processes and company culture.
- Storytelling edits for what3words and our clients to be used as campaign content, sales enablement and on social channels. These videos have various lengths and purposes, and are created from footage supplied by a variety of production companies, in-house production, partner companies and stock libraries
- Great motion design: titles, graphics, using templated assets, screen recordings and replacing of apps and sites
- Basic colour grading: matching shots from different sources and improving the look of poorly lit images
- Great audio skills: Music selection and VO editing, audio effects, and audio mixing
- Manage media server and workflow: including uploading and logging footage in various formats, from around the world. Supplying versions of edits for different platforms and purposes. Knowledge of file formats and best practice for Vimeo, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and YouTube uploads
- Working with other Video Team members, Copywriters, Art directors, Marketing Managers, Traffic Manager and other Studio team to deliver high quality video assets for what3words channels, PR, partners and presentations.
- You’ll be a great story teller, with the ability to create emotive content.
- Ability to create exciting edits and make great music choices.
- A designer’s eye for framing images and graphics.
- A keen interest in branded content and what’s currently trending
- Must have a calm approach – with the ability to think on your feet, add ideas and work quickly under pressure
- Good knowledge of best practice for video workflow.
- Good knowledge of technical set up for an efficient video suite
- Good experience working with pre-existing project’s folder structure
- Knowing how to use a DSLR and video camera and 360 camera is a bonus
- Adobe Creative Cloud: Excellent knowledge of Premiere Pro, After Effects, Media Encoder
- Working knowledge of Photoshop & Illustrator
A strong showreel showing technical and storytelling abilities with content from various social media such as TikTok, Instagram and Facebook.
- Post-production experience as an editor, either freelance, in-house video team or at a post-production house.
- Any secondary languages are a bonus.
- Competitive salary £30,000 - £35,000
- Life insurance
- Babylon Health
- Annual health assessments
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Yulife perks and rewards
- Bupa Rewards
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- VDU eye tests
- Birthday vouchers
- Weekly lunch & learn sessions
- Regular team lunches (office benefit)
- Generous parental leave policies
- Flexible working
- 6 week remote working (work from anywhere) policy
- Office perks; free breakfast, snacks & regular team lunches
- Dog friendly office plus subscription to BorrowMyDoggy