Partner Solutions Lead
what3words is revolutionising the way the world talks about location. Street addresses aren’t accurate enough to specify specific entrances, and they don’t exist for parks, rural areas and many parts of the world. This causes frustration, inefficiencies and can be dangerous
That’s why we created what3words.
We have divided the globe into a grid of 3m x 3m squares, and given each one a unique combination of three words: a what3words address. It’s an easy way to find and share precise locations.
what3words is being used in 193 countries, and our monthly active users continue to grow at an impressive pace. Our tech is used by thousands of emergency services, delivery companies, eCommerce businesses, ride-hailing apps and NGOs, and is integrated into the navigation systems of millions of cars around the world.
Partner Solutions sits within the what3words Business Development team. Our job is to ensure that the largest businesses we work with implement what3words in the right way.
Each partnership involves multiple implementation strands, from backend architecture, to frontend user experience, to choosing the right what3words product. And each comes with its own real-world technical, time, and resource challenges.
It is our responsibility to consider these restrictions alongside what3words’ wider commercial goals in order to advise on the best implementation for a given business.
Working closely with our sales team you will work directly with businesses to guide them through their what3words implementation. The role is both internal and external, liaising with commercial, technical, and product teams on both sides.
Your work begins while partnerships are in early exploratory stages and runs through to what3words deployment. You will be responsible for up to a dozen concurrent implementations, for which timelines range from days to months.
Your day-to-day work will involve supporting BD with product demos, creating bespoke UX flows for clients, and being the first point of contact for partners’ integration queries. You are not required to give code-level engineering support but rather to provide high-level guidance and assess when to bring in specialists.
You will work across all what3words business verticals but focus on Automobility, Ecommerce & Logistics, and B2B Software. As a global business, you will be required to travel often and meet and implement with businesses in-person.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to distil complex problems and independently decide which next step is right for the business
- No hard development skills required, but able to understand our and our partners’ products in detail and how best to integrate into partners’ systems as a result
Totally comfortable with ambiguous and unprecedented goals, able to independently create strategies to reach them with little to no supervision
- Can fully own external relationships, able to imbue partners with complete confidence as to both how and why they should implement what3words
Able to run entire implementation projects end-to-end for our largest partners, maintaining attention to both technical detail and wider commercial context
- Able to directly manage a small team of colleagues
Extra credit if you have:
- Experience working in a Solutions Architect, Sales Engineering, Delivery Management, or similar role
- Spent time selling into or working with Enterprise Software Companies
- Previous experience in any of our key verticals
- Some programming experience
- Worked in a high-growth startup
- Experience working across a wide range of geographies and sectors
- An ability to work in languages other than English
- Done something unusual outside of work
- Competitive Salary of £55,000 - £70,000 per year
- Flexible working (2 days from home, 3 days in the London office)
- 6 week remote working (work from anywhere) policy
- 25 days holiday: plus the option to buy more!
- Share options
- Private health and dental insurance
- Annual health assessments
- Life insurance
- Wellbeing Days
- Yulife perks and rewards
- Generous parental leave policies
- £300 personal learning budget
- Family friendly policies
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Birthday vouchers
- Weekly lunch & learn sessions
- Office perks; free breakfast, snacks & regular team lunches
- Sports and hobbies clubs
- Dog friendly office