Junior Performance Media Manager
We founded what3words 9 years ago with the mission to make it simple for people to talk about everywhere. From providing better navigation solutions for cars, to improving the logistics sector and leading incredible humanitarian projects, we are here to make a tangible difference.
Brilliant people make what3words. We’re a team of quiz-creators, world-travellers, linguists and more, determined to make a difference. We are looking for an ambitious Digital Media professional to add to this mix - playing a key role of an “all things digital media” specialist within the Growth team.
Reporting to our Senior Performance Media Manager, you will be a subject matter expert responsible for planning and execution of digital paid media campaigns within the team. You should be comfortable with big data sets and advanced optimisation techniques and very familiar with Facebook/Google/TikTok as well as adtech/tracking.
So, what are the kind of things you’ll be up to?
- You will be a go to person for our performance media campaigns (awareness/acquisition/retargeting). This role is B2C, so you should be as happy getting stuck into app acquisition campaigns as well as retargeting to existing users across a variety of platforms. Testing and optimisation are constantly ongoing.
- You will work closely with the Head of Growth and Head of Data & Analytics, as well as Growth Managers and Data Analysts, in bringing to life what3words’ growth strategy through digital paid media. You’ll have access to an in-house specialist Analytics team, alongside an award-winning creative shop.
- You will own the idea. Everybody at what3words is responsible for doing it justice - your role within the Growth team will be key to this.
- Growth people aren’t necessarily all the same shape, but for this role, we’re looking for a specialist. You don’t have to know everything yet, but good base knowledge of digital marketing is absolutely essential. You will currently be working either in a high performing digital client side role or a top digital media agency. Ideally, you will have experience of Media Activation and Planning, and understand a good breadth of industry best practices across both.
- We ask that you are ambitious, and that you have some experience solving problems relevant to the ones you think we’re tackling at what3words. App campaign experience would be ideal but not essential. We do all of our work based on data, so you must be very comfortable with numbers. We’d expect a thorough understanding of Excel/Google Sheets.
- We run campaigns and initiatives across all digital channels, and we would want you to bring ideas as to how these may be implemented to execute against Growth objectives. We’d expect an in-depth knowledge of at least two self serve biddable platforms (think Google, Facebook, TikTok, Snapchat). Multiple market campaign implementation experience would be a benefit.
- A test-and-learn mindset is a must. As a company we’re trying to achieve something big, and we’re constantly looking for new ways to grow. You should be comfortable managing multiple workstreams, testing new ideas quickly and learning from inevitable failures along the way. Strategies can pivot quickly here, and you should be comfortable with this.
We'll be really happy if you...
- You have run app-based paid media campaigns at scale across numerous digital channels and markets.
- You have experience in Growth/Performance Marketing functions in other start-ups, or equally fast paced environments such as an agency
- You have a strong interest in emerging technologies and ‘tech for good’
- You want to see your career progress at a fast-growing, mission-driven startup
- You want to be at the forefront of digital marketing execution
- You’re analytical, with excellent numerical skills. Bonus points if you hold a degree in a quantitative discipline such as science, maths or economics
- You’d like broader exposure to the field of Growth
Why this role?
- Performance Media is one of the highest profile functions within the company. This role will see you working with the Senior Leadership immediately
- Our budgets for paid ads are healthy. You will be managing campaigns across many international markets at various different stages of growth so the work is varied and interesting.
- Your ideas will be heard and if they are good they will be implemented. You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact.
- Your work can quickly expand beyond Paid Advertising. The Growth team are plugged into most cross-functional projects so there is plenty of room to learn and develop
Equality, diversity and inclusion at what3words
Our mission is to help everyone talk about everywhere, and we believe diverse perspectives make for a better company and better products too. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups and are committed to equality and inclusivity in our hiring processes and company culture.
The role is based in our London HQ (at Great Western Studios - ///filled.count.soap). While you can work from the office five days a week if preferred, our Growth team can choose to work up to three days a week from home. We also offer a six week remote-work allowance; for up to six weeks a year, you can work from anywhere in the world (as long as you’ve got great WiFi and are happy to work on the HQ timezone).
- Flexible working (3 days from home, 2 days in the London office)
- 6 week remote working (work from anywhere) policy
- 25 days holiday: plus the option to buy more!
- Share options
- Private health and dental insurance
- Annual health assessments
- Life insurance
- Wellbeing Days
- Yulife perks and rewards
- Generous parental leave policies
- £300 personal learning budget
- Family friendly policies
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- Birthday vouchers
- Weekly lunch & learn sessions
- Office perks; free breakfast, snacks & regular team lunches
- Sports and hobbies clubs
- Dog friendly office