Full Stack Engineer
Who we are:
Our mission is to become the global standard for addressing. Street addresses weren’t designed for 2022. They aren’t accurate enough to specify building entrances, and they don’t exist for parks, rural areas and many parts of the world. This makes it hard to find places and causes problems and inefficiencies on a global scale.
That’s why we created what3words.
We divided the world into 3m squares and gave each square a unique combination of three words. It’s the easiest way to find and share precise locations.
Over the last year, what3words has been used in 193 countries, and our monthly active users continue to grow at an impressive pace. Our tech is used by emergency services, delivery companies, eCommerce businesses, ride-hailing apps and NGOs, and is integrated into the navigation systems of millions of cars around the world.
Who we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join the team who enjoys integrating with a variety of services and applications to build integrations and solve client problems. This role is to help partners create great products using the what3words APIs and components.
At what3words, we’re proud of our tech stack. We have built a massively scalable, microservices-based architecture, based around Kubernetes on AWS. You’ll be exposed to technologies such as Docker, React, Node, EKS, Consul, AWS, Alexa, Flux, CircleCI, ArcGIS and other platforms.
This a great opportunity to join a collaborative and ambitious team, at one of the most exciting times in this company’s life.
- Integrate What3Words technologies with other applications or technologies
- Create plugins, APIs, components, libraries and SDKs for use in partner products
- Provide documentation and direct support to partner integrations
- Help build out our partner strategies
- Prototype and develop applications and features to showcase our technologies
- 4+ years NodeJS / React programming experience
- Experience building developer tools / APIs and managing 3rd party integrations
- RESTful API design and implementation, working on B2B2C products and supporting external developers
- Keen to work full stack and cross-functionally across teams
- Ability to produce high quality code as part of a complete system, delivering complete solutions with automated tests, and documenting code + systems for handover
- Deliver and support working software all the way to both clients and end users and support after launch
Extra credit if you:
- Java / Python / C# experience a bonus
- Knowledge of ArcGIS a bonus
The role is based in our London HQ (at Great Western Studios - ///filled.count.soap). While you can work from the office five days a week if preferred, our Engineering team can choose to work up to three days a week from home. We also offer a remote-work allowance; for up to six weeks a year, you can work from anywhere in the world (as long as you’ve got great WiFi and are happy to work on the HQ timezone).
Equality, diversity and inclusion at what3words
Our mission is to help everyone talk about everywhere, and we believe diverse perspectives make for a better company and better products too. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups and are committed to equality and inclusivity in our hiring processes and company culture.
- Competitive salary
- Life insurance
- Babylon Health
- Annual health assessments
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Yulife perks and rewards
- Bupa Rewards
- Season ticket loans
- Cycle to work scheme
- VDU eye tests
- Birthday vouchers
- Weekly lunch & learn sessions
- Regular team lunches (office benefit)
- Generous parental leave policies
- Flexible working
- 6 week remote working (work from anywhere) policy
- Office perks; free breakfast, snacks & regular team lunches
- Dog friendly office plus subscription to BorrowMyDoggy