Digital Content Editor
This role will be based in our Ulaanbaatar office, Mongolia.
Our owned digital platforms are essential to both our success, our website pages and emails play an integral part of both our B2C, B2B and partner marketing strategy.
what3words has a plethora of different audiences, from major automotive partners to rural small businesses, from emergency services using our tech to help find people faster to people simply using it to meet their friends in a park. Our owned digital channels talk to multiple audiences but always reflect our brand principles; simple, concise and bold. This role is integral to making sure this is consistent across our web-page builds and email production.
You’ll work collaboratively in a dynamic marketing team, reporting directly to our Studio Lead in UB Marketing Studio Hub but working closely with the Web Production Manager, Digital Content Editor, Marketing Managers in London. You’ll need to be a natural self-starter, quick learner and enjoy the rapid pace of a tech company that is on its way to create a global standard.
Alongside the existing Digital Content Editor working across our web-page builds, web-page updates, email builds, sends and optimisation (exact split of tasks to be determined):
- Supporting web-page based projects for example building and maintaining our partner Communication hubs
- Management of core web-page tasks including, but not limited to; content upload, content editing, bug reporting in JIRA
- Working with the marketing team; marketing managers, designers, copywriters and our UX team to create new web-pages.
- Working with our languages, tech and marketing managers to keep all our key pages up to date in multiple languages
- Taking ownership of deadlines, ensuring tasks are completed on time
- Manage updates to core pages with latest news and announcements
- Supporting our email communications build & send to our global subscriber base
- Monitoring and improving performance with the help of our CRM team
- Working with the designers and copy teams to adjust and optimise email templates
- Experience working with WordPress CMS and understand web build projects
- Excellent at making things happen quickly and efficiently
- Highly collaborative and able to communicate well
- Experience managing relationships with cross-department teams
- The ability to multitask and manage time effectively - especially an ability to be reactive but still prioritise effectively
- Taking ownership of deadlines
- A drive for results; you strive to help improve our output
- An eye for creative and ability to work well with Creative teams/people
- A love for the detail - you are meticulous and thorough in how you approach things as well as how you deliver.
- A strong belief in the what3words mission
- An appetite for developing and growing the role and within the company
- A good understanding of analytics tools & data for example Google Analytics and Mixpanel
- Experience of HTML and CSS
- Experience with HubSpot or a similar Email marketing platform
- Experience with JIRA (or similar task manager)
- Experience working in a scale-up or start-up
Street addresses weren’t designed for 2022. They aren’t accurate enough to specify building entrances, and they don’t exist for parks, rural areas and many parts of the world. This makes it hard to find places and causes problems and inefficiencies on a global scale.
That’s why we created what3words. We divided the world into 3 metre squares and gave each square a unique combination of three words. It’s the easiest way to find and share precise locations. Last year, what3words was used in 193 countries. Our tech is used by emergency services, delivery companies, ride-hailing apps and NGOs, and is integrated into the navigation systems of Mercedes-Benz cars.
Equality, Diversity and Inclusion at what3words
Our mission is to help everyone talk about everywhere, and we believe diverse perspectives make for a better company and better products too. We strongly encourage applications from underrepresented groups and are committed to equality and inclusivity in our hiring processes and company culture.
- Flexible working
- Competitive salary
- 6 week remote working (work from anywhere) policy
- 25 days holiday: plus the option to buy more!
- Share options
- Private health and dental insurance
- Annual health assessments
- Life insurance
- Wellbeing Days
- Generous parental leave policies
- Family friendly policies
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Birthday vouchers
- Weekly lunch & learn sessions
- Office perks; free breakfast, snacks & regular team lunches
- Sports and hobbies clubs